1.4.09

a portrait of the squiddy as a young girl

Despite the lack of comments on the actual blog page, the last piece of writing I put up seemed fairly well received at Avalanchers, so I've decided to upload another. This one, at over 5000 words, is quite a bit longer than the last piece. It's an autobiography that I decided to write as a series of short stories told in the present tense, because I quite enjoy making things more difficult than they need to be.

A few things I would like to mention before I put it out there:

  • There are certain parts of this story that I absolutely hate. Generally, the shorter stories are not what I consider to be my best work, but since I did this for school, I was short on time and had to cut a few corners.
  • There are a few stories in here that you might say are rather dark. I felt it was right to present both the good and bad parts of my life in exactly the way that I remember them. However, it would be unfair to say that I've presented a completely accurate picture of my life within these nine or so pages. Although I have presented within this work one story in particular that depicts one of the most painful and traumatic experiences of my life, that event happened six years ago. The time between then and now creates a buffer that dulls the pain enough to make it bearable to write about. There are certain wounds that are even deeper than that one, but they are too fresh to go digging through at this time. Perhaps in the distant future.
  • I take comfort in my relative anonymity on the internet. I assume the only people reading this are Avalanchers and perhaps a few others. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting this.


Now that I feel that I've sufficiently defended myself, I will present my work to you. I've put it in a PDF file that can be conveniently downloaded from MegaUpload by clicking THIS link. Or, if you prefer, you can click THIS link to download it as a Microsoft Word document. Since I consider 5000 words far too long to put on a blog page, even with a cut, the PDF and Word Doc are the only ways I'm going to have it available at this time. If anyone has trouble downloading it or something, leave a comment and we'll work something out.

With slight trepidation,

Squiddy

Edit: If you're having trouble entering the correct code on MegaUpload, try THIS.

No comments: